Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving

Why is it that after Halloween its goes straight into Christmas mood? I love Christmas, dont get me wrong. But i mean really? Thanksgiving is a wonderful Holiday.

(and not just because the food)


But if you sit and think of everything you have, you will realize that you are so blessed and have a TON to be thankful for. So why does everyone take advantage of this Holiday. Just skip it and go right to Christmas. I know people who already have lights attached to the house, and the tree is lit.


Christmas music is already on the radio. And have you seen a decor store lately. Christmas was up BEFORE Halloween was even over. Crazy. SO i just wanted to take this time and write what i am thankful for..



1. Family, Where would i be with out them? Where would my Husband be? I am so Thankful for the life that we were both given thru our families. Thru our Grandparents that are so darling, thru our siblings that have been there thru it. Even tho we fought constantly, i would never trade in my younger brother for another.

2. My hubby, Seriously.. Have you seen a SEXIER man? He is my hero, and i love him with all my heart. I am a very lucky gal.

3. The house where I live, I am very fortunate to have the house that i do. It is a very spacious, and gorgeous house.

4. Freedom, How fortunate are we to live in this FREE country. Not being told what we have to do and how we have to do it. Who we HAVE to worship. And that we can be ourselves.

5. The GOSPEL. I am so in love with it. Sitting in church and hearing everyone else's testimonys is a wonderful thing. I am so blessed to have a family that taught me well, and a husband with the priesthood.

6. Friends. Let me just say, when you get married, that is when you find out who your true friends are. Of course you will always stay friends with those that were there thru high school, but nothing beats taking that next step, and meeting new friends. Altho my Husband is my Bestest Friend, i still have those that i couldn't live without.

7. My health. I am thankful that i can run and not be weary, that i can go and do the things that i want because i was blessed with this body. I am thankful that i have a Hubby that has a perfect body so we can enjoy the physical stuff together, such as boarding, walking, skating, etc.

8. My jobs. I am very fortunate to have gotten thru school, thanks to my parents, and have the job that i do . Also for all my work friends that i absolutly adore. Thank you.

9. The stores, malls, etc. Could you imagine living somewhere where you couldnt just go out and buy what you want, or need. I would die.I have always said i WAS NOT hight matience. But i so am. I love to have the designer jeans, the gucci purses, and the marc jacob shoes. I am in love with fashion and am so fortunate that i can go and get what i want when i want it. ( this was a thankful note for myself :) )

10. To be living here, and now. I couldnt imagine getting born into a different time or place. If i was not born to my Biological mom, where would i be now. I know i wouldn't have the amazing parents i do now. I wouldnt have the friends and family as i do now. I wouldnt have met the most amazing guy as i had. I am so thankful that i got to be here where i am with those that i love.


Well that is just a few things. I would like to hear what you are thankful for. Hope you all have a wonderful TURKEY DAY and eat lots for food. I for sure am!

Love always,

Tere Shake.

1 comment:

I love comments, they make me feel like someone is there:)